SPINAL CORD INJURY
In his 25 years of practicing law, spinal cord injury lawyer Bill Newkirk of The Law Offices of William H. Newkirk has worked with many people who have suffered a spinal cord injury or paralysis.
He understands that when you wake up to find you have suffered a spinal cord injury or paralysis, initial reactions often range from grief to anger to incomprehension. Some people are even angry that they have been saved and are still alive. These are all natural reactions to such a traumatic event.
Whatever your reaction, the one thing we want you to know is that you can still have a full and meaningful life. It just won’t be quite as simple as you had once thought it would be.
- Leading Causes of Spinal Cord Injury or Paralysis
- How Bill Newkirk Can Help You
- What a Spinal Cord Injury Lawsuit Can Mean to You
- Spinal Cord Injury Resources
- Birth Injuries Can Cause Paralysis, Paraplegia, Quadraplegia
The leading causes of spinal cord injuries or paralysis are:
- Car accidents and motorcycle accidents. It is estimated that 40% of all new spinal cord injuries a year are the result of motor vehicle accidents.
- Acts of violence. Approximately 15% of all spinal cord injuries or paralysis are the result of violence, often involving a gun or knife.
- Falls. Spinal cord injuries or paralysis in people over the age of 65 are often caused by falls.
- Sports and recreation. Athletic activities, including surfing accidents and diving accidents, cause about 5% of the spinal cord injuries or paralysis a year.
Bill Newkirk knows that money cannot “make you whole.” No one can do that. But the most qualified spinal cord injury attorney, such as Bill Newkirk, can maximize the compensation you receive for your spinal injury, allowing you to:
- Pay for current and future medical care needed.
- Get all the therapy you need to live as full a life as possible.
- Purchase equipment – including adaptable housing and a motor vehicle – to ensure your independence.
- Undergo vocational training, which may include the purchase of assistive technology so that you might be able to continue working at your profession.
- Retrain for a new career.
- Hire the qualified people you need to assist you.
Bill Newkirk understands how to investigate a case like yours. He is experienced in the law and in the medicine that concerns your case. He also has the financial resources to take your case all the way through a trial, if necessary.
Bill Newkirk works with the top financial, medical, and vocational experts to ensure that your case is properly evaluated to ensure you get the full life-time cost for your injury.
Earning significant verdicts and settlements for his clients, spinal cord injury attorney Bill Newkirk will do everything in his legal power to make sure that you get the monetary compensation you deserve.
When You Should File a Lawsuit
All potential lawsuits are subject to statutes of limitation (deadlines). If you miss the deadline to file, you lose all rights to file a case against the wrongdoer.
It is best to contact spinal cord injury attorney Bill Newkirk as soon as possible to ensure that the case is filed before the statute of limitations runs out.
But there are other reasons to talk to a spinal cord injury attorney as soon as possible. An attorney can contact witnesses before their memories dim and preserve evidence that may be helpful to your case.
Moving Forward After Spinal Cord Injury (7 min. video)
If you suspect that your child suffered such a birth injury, or if you have questions about what happened that no one will answer, contact medical malpractice attorney Bill Newkirk and let him and his medical experts review your child’s medical records.